Updated May 2020
Last updated May 21, 2020
AGREEMENT TO TERMS
You may not access or use the Site for any purpose other than that for which we make the Site available. The Site may not be used in connection with any commercial endeavors except those that are specifically endorsed or approved by us.
As a user of the Site, you agree not to:
1. Make any unauthorized use of the Site, including collecting usernames and/or email addresses of users by electronic or other means for the purpose of sending unsolicited email, or creating user accounts by automated means or under false pretenses. 2. Use the Site to advertise or offer to sell goods and services. 3. Circumvent, disable, or otherwise interfere with security-related features of the Site, including features that prevent or restrict the use or copying of any Content or enforce limitations on the use of the Site and/or the Content contained therein. 4. Engage in unauthorized framing of or linking to the Site. 5. Trick, defraud, or mislead us and other users, especially in any attempt to learn sensitive account information such as user passwords. 6. Make improper use of our support services or submit false reports of abuse or misconduct. 7. Engage in any automated use of the system, such as using scripts to send comments or messages, or using any data mining, robots, or similar data gathering and extraction tools. 8. Interfere with, disrupt, or create an undue burden on the Site or the networks or services connected to the Site. 9. Attempt to impersonate another user or person or use the username of another user. 10. Decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site. 11. Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) viruses, Trojan horses, or other material, including excessive use of capital letters and spamming (continuous posting of repetitive text), that interferes with any party’s uninterrupted use and enjoyment of the Site or modifies, impairs, disrupts, alters, or interferes with the use, features, functions, operation, or maintenance of the Site. 12. Upload or transmit (or attempt to upload or to transmit) any material that acts as a passive or active information collection or transmission mechanism, including without limitation, clear graphics interchange formats (“gifs”), 1×1 pixels, web bugs, cookies, or other similar devices (sometimes referred to as “spyware” or “passive collection mechanisms” or “pcms”). 13. Disparage, tarnish, or otherwise harm, in our opinion, us and/or the Site. 14. Except as may be the result of standard search engine or Internet browser usage, use, launch, develop, or distribute any automated system, including without limitation, any spider, robot, cheat utility, scraper, or offline reader that accesses the Site, or using or launching any unauthorized script or other software. 15. Use the Site in a manner inconsistent with any applicable laws or regulations.
You shall not: (1) decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, attempt to derive the source code of, or decrypt the application; (2) make any modification, adaptation, improvement, enhancement, translation, or derivative work from the application; (3) violate any applicable laws, rules, or regulations in connection with your access or use of the application; (4) remove any copyright, trademark, logo, proprietary rights, disclaimer or warning notice included on or embedded in any part of the deployed Application including any of The MathWorks’copyright, logo or trademark; (5) use the application for any revenue generating endeavor, commercial enterprise, or other purpose for which it is not designed or intended; (6) make the application available over a network or other environment permitting access or use by multiple devices or users at the same time; (7) use the application for creating a product, service, or software that is, directly or indirectly, competitive with or in any way a substitute for the application; (8) use the application to send automated queries to any website or to send any unsolicited commercial e-mail; or (9) use any proprietary information or any of our interfaces or our other intellectual property in the design, development, manufacture, licensing, or distribution of any applications, accessories, or devices for use with the application; (10) modify the application to provide capability similar to those of any of Programs of The MathWorks inc, or provide functionality or behavior similar to that of the MATLAB command line or scripting and programming capabilities.
Processing of personal data (EU Regulation 2016/679) The Università degli Studi di Pavia, as owner, based in Pavia, C.so Strada Nuova n. 65, IT- 27100, in accordance with EU Regulation 2016/679 (GDPR), will process the personal data, provided by the users with the registration as end-user to the web application “EntraPT”, in digital form, for the purposes related to the registration to this service. When you register as user of the web application, you are required to provide certain information, including your email address. You may also voluntarily provide us with information such as your name, website address, nickname of third-party websites, biographical information. This information is only used to grant your access to the web application and to communicate with you. The data will be processed for the entire time of your registration and exclusively by authorized internal personnel who are in any case expressly appointed. Data subjects have the right to ask the data controller to access personal data and to correct or cancel them or limit their processing or to oppose the processing (articles 15 and following of the GDPR). In addition to writing to the company address, the appropriate application can be submitted by writing to the address firstname.lastname@example.org The interested parties, if the conditions are met, also have the right to lodge a complaint with the Guarantor for the protection of personal data (www.garanteprivacy.it) as supervisory authority according to the procedures provided.
TERM AND TERMINATION
MODIFICATIONS AND INTERRUPTIONS
THE SITE AND THE APP ARE PROVIDED ON AN AS-IS AND AS-AVAILABLE BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THE SITE, THE APP AND OUR SERVICES WILL BE AT YOUR SOLE RISK. TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, WE DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE AND YOUR USE THEREOF, INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT. WE MAKE NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS ABOUT THE ACCURACY OR COMPLETENESS OF THE SITE’S CONTENT AND WE WILL ASSUME NO LIABILITY OR RESPONSIBILITY FOR ANY (1) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT, RESULTS AND MATERIALS, (2) PERSONAL INJURY OR PROPERTY DAMAGE, OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, RESULTING FROM YOUR ACCESS TO AND USE OF THE SITE, (3) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SECURE SERVERS AND/OR ANY AND ALL PERSONAL INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (4) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION TO OR FROM THE SITE, (5) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE SITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY, AND/OR (6) ANY ERRORS OR OMISSIONS IN ANY CONTENT AND MATERIALS OR FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE OF ANY KIND INCURRED AS A RESULT OF THE USE OF ANY CONTENT POSTED, TRANSMITTED, OR OTHERWISE MADE AVAILABLE VIA THE SITE.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY
IN NO EVENT WILL WE OR OUR DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU OR ANY THIRD PARTY FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, EXEMPLARY, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES, INCLUDING LOST PROFIT, LOST REVENUE, LOSS OF DATA, OR OTHER DAMAGES ARISING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SITE, EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
In order to resolve a complaint regarding the Site or to receive further information regarding use of the Site, please contact us at:
Università degli Studi di Pavia
C.so Strada Nuova n.65
+39 0382 985490
ATTACHMENT – MATLAB RUNTIME LICENSE
The MathWorks, Inc.
1. LICENSE GRANT. Subject to the restrictions below, The MathWorks, Inc. (“MathWorks”) hereby grants to you, whether you are an individual or an entity, a license to install and use the MATLAB Runtime (“Runtime”), solely and expressly for the purpose of running software created with the MATLAB Compiler (the “Application Software”), and for no other purpose. This license is personal, nonexclusive, and nontransferable.
2. LICENSE RESTRICTIONS. You shall not modify or adapt the Runtime for any reason. You shall not disassemble, decompile, or reverse engineer the Runtime. You shall not alter or remove any proprietary or other legal notices on or in copies of the Runtime. Unless used to run Application Software, you shall not rent, lease, or loan the Runtime, time share the Runtime, provide service bureau use, or use the Runtime for supporting any other party’s use of the Runtime. You shall not sublicense, sell, or otherwise transfer the Runtime to any third party. You shall not republish any documentation which may be provided in connection with the Runtime. All rights not granted, including without limitation rights to reproduce, sublicense, rent, sell, distribute, create derivative works, serve other software by means of, decompile, reverse engineer, and disassemble the Runtime, are expressly reserved by MathWorks.
3. NO TECHNICAL SUPPORT. Technical support is not provided by MathWorks for users of the Runtime under this license. MathWorks may, at its sole discretion, offer bug fixes or updates to the Runtime.
4. TERM AND TERMINATION. This license shall automatically terminate upon your failure to comply with this license.
5. EXPORT CONTROL. The Runtime may be subject to U.S. and non-U.S. export control laws and other applicable governmental export and import laws and regulations. In exercising your rights under this license, you agree not to violate any such laws and regulations. You also represent and warrant that (i) you are not located in a country that is subject to a U.S. Government embargo, or that has been designated by the U.S. Government as a “terrorist supporting” country; and (ii) you are not listed on any U.S. Government list of prohibited or restricted parties.
6. U.S. GOVERNMENT LICENSEES: You agree that the Runtime qualifies as commercial computer software or documentation as defined in the FAR and/or DFARS; that the terms and conditions of this MATLAB RUNTIME LICENSE shall govern your use, reproduction, performance, display, and disclosure of the Runtime, superseding any inconsistent government provisions.
7. ASSIGNMENT. You may not assign or otherwise transfer this license and its rights and obligations hereunder, in whole or in part.
8. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY. To the extent permitted by law, any liability of MathWorks (whether in relation to breach of contract, negligence or otherwise) shall be limited to ten dollars ($10.00 USD); and MathWorks shall have no liability for any indirect or consequential loss (whether foreseeable or otherwise and including loss of profits, loss of business, loss of opportunity, and loss of use, or unauthorized use or access, of any computer hardware or software). Some states do not allow the exclusion or limitation of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion or limitation may not apply to you. MathWorks’ liability for death or personal injury resulting from negligence or for any other matter in relation to which liability by law cannot be excluded or limited shall not be excluded or limited.
9. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES. The Runtime is delivered “as is” and MathWorks makes and you receive no additional express or implied warranties. MathWorks hereby expressly disclaims any and all other conditions, warranties, or other terms of any kind or nature concerning the Runtime (including, without limitation, any with regard to noninfringement, merchantability, quality, accuracy, or fitness for a particular purpose or for your purpose). MathWorks also expressly disclaims any warranties that may be implied from usage of trade, course of dealing, or course of performance.
10. GOVERNING LAW; JURISDICTION. This license shall be governed by the laws of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, United States of America, without regard to its conflicts of law provisions. Neither the U.N. Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods nor the Uniform Computer Information Transactions Act, or any version thereof (“UCITA”), shall apply to this license. To the extent that UCITA is applicable, the parties agree to opt out of the applicability of UCITA.
11. ENTIRE AGREEMENT. This license contains the entire understanding of the parties with respect to the Runtime provided hereunder, and may not be modified or amended except by written instrument, executed by MathWorks and you. This license shall not supersede any product license you have with MathWorks for the MATLAB Compiler.